A virtual classroom is an online classroom that allows seamless teaching and interaction between students and teachers. In these trying times, when students can’t attend regular physical classes, virtual classrooms have been a boon for teaching. Virtual classrooms have shown that it is possible to carry out academic classes at all times.
Online learning does have its limitations but they can be overcome through strict rules and Dos and DONTs for the students to follow.
Let us have a look at few tips on how you can manage your virtual classroom:
1. Make sure that your internet connection is strong.
2. Keep your virtual classes short and crisp with slides and videos to engage the students.
3. Make sure that the camera is always ON for everyone.
4. Always give a short 10-15 min break after every 40-45 minutes.
5. Try to make it as interactive as possible.
6. As in regular school make sure that there is a timetable for virtual class as well.
7. Involve the students in discussion and encourage them to speak.
8. Slides and videos should be visually appealing for the students to take interest
9. Make strict rules to follow as if the students are inside the class
10. Even though the classes are virtual, always treat it as a normal school class with all the regulations of a normal classroom.
Online education is our new normal but it should not become a hindrance in education. Education is important, even a small setback affects student’s learning. Therefore, teachers must find ways to keep the students engaged so that even when they are alone infront of their computer they will still feel like they are in a real classroom.