Learning through play
- Children are provided with ample time and space to engage freely with the environment and the role of teachers in the room is to enable playful experiences and learning.
- When you enter the doors of a classroom, you see children playing and working with materials such as magnifying glasses, puzzles, toys, and more.
- Various centers are set up around the classroom for students to explore like a creative centre, discovery centre, Literacy and Numeracy centre.
- The classroom is enriched by an abundance of books, words, letters, numbers, and other instructional aids.
- You would see the teacher meeting with small groups of students, addressing their individual needs. Activities are designed to meet the needs of all students in the classroom.
Along with a strong academic focus the school is committed to the development of qualities and competencies towards learning that contributes to the well-being of the individual and the society and enables our children to succeed.
Character education is just another part of our comprehensive approach to teaching and learning that focuses on the development of the whole child.
- Children engage via hands-on activities and experiential learning.
- Student-centred learning-It allows students to become responsible for their own education putting them at the centre. Students are challenged to engage with real life issues making real world connections to what they learn inside the classrooms.
- Students are introduced to curriculum topics through play. They are encouraged to ask questions and investigate to find answers and make meaningful conclusions.
- Small class size-25: 2
- We have two homeroom teachers in a class. This gives our teachers a chance to get to know the students and give them personalized attention.
- We have a counsellor/ special educator to address learning needs
- GESE-Trinity certification ( IB )
- Speech and Drama ( IB )
- Robotics ( IB )
- Coding ( IB )
- Sports-Football and Basketball
- Library, playground, music room, art studio, zen Room, activity room
We believe it’s more important than ever for students to be digitally and technologically literate. Technology is used in the context of enhancing learning.
- School has a computer Lab
- ICT lessons for all students
- Classrooms fitted with digital boards (smart classes) / projectors
- In these classrooms, teachers use a variety of digital aids — images, video, and PPT presentations to augment their teaching.
- Parents are encouraged to come in for guest speaker sessions.
- End of unit celebrations
- School events
- All events are planned in advance and shared in the child’s handbook.
- Through Managebac ( IB )
- Face to face meetings
- Calendar/ Almanac
- CCTV surveillance strategically placed around the school to capture all exits and entrances.